Copycat: Flower Child's Mother Earth Bowl
My Version of the Flower Child Mother Earth Bowl
I discovered Flower Child here in Santa Monica. It has become a second home for my husband and I, and we bring all our out of town guests to this health mecca. They have a great menu where you can mix and match different sides, but I get the Mother Earth Bowl every. single. time. without fail. So, I decided to make a version of it at home.
Farro and Quinoa Blend:
1/2 cup Farro
1/2 cup Quinoa
2 cups Vegetable Broth
1/2 tsp Turmeric
Add all ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
While the quinoa is cooking, start your veggie prep, and the whole meal can come together in under 30 minutes!
3 TBS Sweet Miso. I used this one
2 TBS Soy
1 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
1 TBS Maple Syrup
Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
· Bagged Greens (1 bag)
· Sweet potatoes (2)
· Carton of mushrooms
· Head of Broccoli
· 1 White Onion
· Olive oil
· 2-3 Garlic Cloves
· Rosemary (preferably fresh)
· Avocado and tahini for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Chop your sweet potatoes and broccoli and season with 1 TBS olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lay out on a baking sheet.
3. Bake sweet potato and broccoli for 17-20 minutes. They will be nice and crispy.
4. While the sweet potato and broccoli cook, slice onions into thin strips and cut mushrooms into fourths.
5. Heat a deep pan on the stove top with 1 TBS olive oil and keep to a medium low heat.
6. Add in sliced onions and cook for about 10 minutes until caramelized, then add mushrooms, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
7. Assemble your bowls! Start with a bed of greens, add farro and quinoa mixture, then your veggies! Finish the plate off with a drizzle of tahini and avocado.
Flower Child would be proud!
Download the grocery list here: